I don’t like to say that I’m a depressed person. I’ve been diagnosed with depression and I’ve taken medication over the years to try to “be happier”, but the truth is, those medications didn’t make me happier, they made me overweight and lazy. This does not help one who is supposedly depressed. I actually don’t even know if I am depressed, or if I’m just one of those people who doesn’t know how to just “be”.
It’s not so much that I am a perfectionist (which I guess I am, but only when it comes certain things), but that I can’t just be happy with where I’m at. I am not a perfectionist when it comes to folding laundry or keeping my car clean, or dusting furniture. But when it comes to the image I see in the mirror, it’s like it’s never enough. I tell myself if I could just lose 3 lbs, or get a promotion or get a better haircut that I’d be happier. Maybe I would be, but it wouldn’t be for long because then I would just need something more.
I am a decently good looking enough. I exercise and watch what I eat. My daughter is happy and healthy. My husband is good looking, smart, kind, caring and motivated. He loves me the way I am, but for some reason I never quite feel I am enough. I spend hours, days sometimes beating myself up for not being perfect or making the perfect choices. It’s exhausting. I wake up in the morning sometimes and feel it would be so much easier to go back to bed and sleep the day away. But then I’d beat myself up for being lazy.
I’ve been trying REALLY hard to practice patience and gratitude. I keep telling myself that if I just slow down a little bit and start being thankful for what I have that maybe it will change my point of view. Positive affirmations are becoming my new best friends.
So this morning I am going to start my day with these 10 positive affirmations. Hopefully someone else can relate to my story and they will help them too.
1. I am enough
2. My life is filled with joy and abundance and it flows freely to me
3. I am thankful for all the love that flows into my life
4. I can handle anything that comes my way
5. God is watching over me and he has a plan for my life. I will trust in my path
6. I am smart and kind and worthy of genuine love and friendships
7. I cannot change yesterday and I cannot control tomorrow. I will trust and live peacefully in this moment
8. My career is exactly where it is supposed to be and opportunities will come to me at the exact right time
9. I am a good mom, wife, and friend and those who love me accept me just as I am
10. I can do this